Saturday 16 October 2021

Hair today...gone tomorrow!

Talking about tempus fugit, when I was young my hair was always much admired - it was long, thick and wavy and a deep auburn in colour...sigh...those days are long gone. Now it is gray (which I don´t really mind) short and disappearing at an alarming rate. I´m not particularly vain, don´t bother anymore with make-up now that I´ve retired and stopped disguising grey hair ages ago, but I really, really don´t want to end up with a pink scalp showing through a few wisps.

My dermatologist says my hair loss could be an after effect of Covid or stress from lockdown and self-isolating etc or the stress of having had three operations in the space of less than three years. She initially prescribed a lotion which left my hair feeling stiff and with a yellow tinge but has now changed that to some tablets. Unfortunately I think the hair loss started before the recent concerns and is something I will have to come to terms with. I am not a happy bunny!

6 comments:

  1. I used to have my hair short but as it got thinner it just didn't look nice any more. I grew it and now have a bun on top, it doesn't matter how thin it is then and I do a bit of 60's back combing to the tail I make into a bun to make it look thicker.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea Briony, I may try it. During lockdown my hair got longer but I cut it short again as soon as possible unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. There are some great wigs these days. I visited a fabulous wig shop in Berlin and bought a wig which is light and looks like real hair but isn't. I would wear it everyday except it is purple and I bought it when I was an art student! I would definitely consider a wig if I was losing my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Rachel, I will certainly consider it as an option when the day comes, but not purple I think!

      Delete
  3. Bit late to this but just wanted to say that I feel exactly the same as you. I was always known for lovely hair - fair and full with lots of shine. Where is it all going! Only photos remind one of earlier glories!!
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete