Thursday 11 February 2021

The one that got away!

I think I overdosed on Caminos on the Via de la Plata, and there was a four-year break before I felt like doing another one, in 2016. I chose the Camino Inglês or The English Way, which is only 119km within Galicia, from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela, used mainly by Northern Europeans pilgrims who used to arrive by boat. It is a very peaceful way, countrified and quiet, with few other pilgrims. I went on my own which was just as well because after about five days of walking my hips became very painful and I had to give up.

I caught a bus into Santiago and hung about for a few days before my flight to the UK to visit one of my sons was due. It was a nice chance to explore the city without rushing. Naturally this time I did not apply for a Compostela as I had not walked the compulsory last 100km. So, that brings my Camino tales up to date, since the one mentioned in my last post planned for April last year fell through because of the pandemic. I hope I´ll be able to do another one in the not too distant future as I´m not getting any younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment