Thursday 25 February 2021

Masks

They say you can get used to anything over time, I have found wearing a mask has become a habit although I still don´t like it.

Here in Brazil masks are compulsory on the streets,on public transport, in shops etc, in other words everywhere you go outside your front door. When I take Toby for a walk I automatically pick up my mask together with his lead.

The problem for me is I made my own masks and being extra cautious I think I made them with more layers of fabric than strictly necessary, which makes breathing a bit harder. So if I am walking fast or trying to talk at the same time I get a bit breathless. Another problem is that because of the summer heat my face perspires a lot and my mask gets damp, especially under the chin as the sweat runs down, not very nice!

It is over a year now since I started wearing a mask outdoors and only going out when it is unavoidable. I just wish there was some light at the end of the tunnel but I can´t see it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment