Sunday 17 December 2023

A "Senior Moment"

This morning I was organising my bag when I realised my debit card was not in its little wallet. I had a quick look for it in the most obvious places whilst trying to remember the last time I had used it. I don´t always carry it, only when I'm actually going to use the card as muggings are unfortunately only too common here.

I remembered that the last time I´d used it was a couple of days previously when I went out for a pizza with some friends. Had I lost it there after paying the bill, dropped it, left it on the counter? I logged into my bank account and found the last transaction with my card was for the pizza...what a relief! I´d either lost it in the restaurant or it was somewhere in the flat since no-one appeared to be trying to use it to buy luxury items. I decided to return to the restaurant if I couldn´t find the card at home, in the hope someone had handed it in (haha).

I slowly and methodically searched the entire flat several times but there was no sign of my card. Had I thrown it out with the rubbish, wrapped it up with the Christmas presents, dropped it on the floor and kicked it under some furniture? The possibilities were endless. 

I was surprised about how calm I felt regarding the whole situation, no sign of panic lol! I´d decided, since there was no sign of it, to go to the bank next day and cancel the card and order a new one. This was all happening on a Sunday, by the way.

On the Saturday I had put up my Christmas decorations and removed a few ornaments, putting them away for the duration in a drawer. Guess what I found sitting in a bowl in the drawer. Yup!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, been there, done that. I keep my card in my bag and have to make myself check it's there after every use. The other day I changed bags and left the card in the old bag. I had a bit of panic when I realised it wasn't with me but was pretty sure what had happened.
    What a relief when you found it!! Cancelling and renewing cards is a damn nuisance.

    ReplyDelete