Monday 13 March 2023

Exciting night

 

View from my kitchen window last night. I was awoken in the early hours by a man´s voice repeatedly shouting "get out of the car". I thought it was a carjack and peered carefully out of the window (stray bullets are a genuine hazard) whereupon I saw a couple of police cars and officers confronting a black car parked in front of a 24-hour convenience store...obviously a hold-up gone wrong.

Other police cars were arriving rapidly until within minutes there were eight altogether. How such a large number arrived so quickly I´ve no idea, but there certainly doesn´t appear to be a manpower shortage. 

Although all the policemen were armed and some had their weapons in their hands no shots were fired, and since no ambulances arrived, thank goodness, no one appeared to be injured. Bandits are usually armed as well. 

These convenience stores, called OXXO, are popping up everywhere. There are three within a half-mile radius of my flat and they all stay open all night. I heard later that it was the second night running this particular one was held up - the first time the thieves got away with loads of goods and cash. I feel sorry for the poor employees who have to face theses risks.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, stray bullets are a genuine hazard. No wonder you peered very carefully. Hope there's no more trouble there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m too nosy for my own good but I try and be sensible!

      Delete
  2. 'All's well that ends well' , as they say. No shots, no ambulances. Still, nobody wants to experience this kind of 'excitement'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Duta! I tried to post a comment on your blog today but Google would not let me...

      Delete